The Department for the Economy is funding Digital Futures as part of the Skills Intervention programme and Belfast City Regional Deal. The programme will be developed by the Northern Ireland Colleges.
There are 55 places for graduates across three strands of Digital Futures. Participants can take part in only one programme. For more information, please select one of the following three graduate programmes; Cloud, Cyber and Data Analytics.
The Digital Futures Cloud Academy is supported by the Department for the Economy and delivered by Belfast Met. If you’re interested in a career in the fast growing local IT sector, training is available across a range of cloud technologies. On successful completion of the academy, you’ll gain industry-recognised qualifications and the offer of a placement in industry to apply your newly developed skills and knowledge.
Knowledge and practical skills gained include:
- Understanding the cloud, how it works and the associated infrastructure
- Learn how to maintain and deploy to the cloud
- Understanding the associated security risks with cloud technologies
- Get the most up to date and leading cloud qualifications on the market
What qualifications will you gain?
If you’re selected for the Academy, you’ll receive practical, real world training and the opportunity to gain world recognised qualifications in:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104)
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Python
- MTA Database Admin Fundamentals
- Cisco Cybersecurity Essentials
Where can it take you?
With organisations adopting cloud more rapidly than ever, there couldn’t be a better time to start a career in cloud computing. The technology that completely transformed IT, also provides graduates with an opportunity to enter an innovative and fast-growing domain.
Completing the Academy will prepare you for an entry level Cloud computing role.
Belfast Met is currently working with a range of local IT and technology companies to offer industry placements commencing Monday 1st February 2021 for a period of ten-weeks.
During this time you will gain invaluable experience working within a professional environment, be exposed to exciting projects and apply all the knowledge/ skills learned during the first ten-weeks of the Academy.
During the ten week placement you will continue to receive a weekly training allowance of £150
- A degree in any discipline
- Complete the Mindmill online psychometric assessment and upload your qualification certificate.
- Have access to your own device (laptop or PC) and internet connection.
The application portal opens on Wednesday 7th October 2020 and closes Monday 19th October 2020.
Source: Belfast Met College